Attend a Defense Design Studio.
See for yourself what a culminating Performance Assessment moment looks like.
Envision Education believes that students are ready to succeed in college and in career when they have developed the ability to think like a historian or mathematician, the ability to know and use the leadership skills necessary in college and life, and the ability to reflect about one’s personal journey as a learner. In short, Envision students are able in knowing, doing, and reflecting.
The College Success Portfolio Defense is our capstone activity that pulls knowing, doing, and reflecting into one place, into one moment. It is the final inquiry, the final essential question, the final exhibition – a culmination of four years of work. Akin to a dissertation defense or professional presentation, students stand before a panel of their peers, adult educators, and mentors to demonstrate the depth of their knowing, doing, and reflecting as evidenced by their academic work and self-reflection.
Come and spend some time with Envision students and staff at a Defense Design Studio.
- Each Defense Design Studio session is $200 per person. Existing clients receive a 30% discount; email firstname.lastname@example.org for client discount registration code.
- A lunch will be provided at each session. Please indicate any food allergies or dietary restrictions by emailing email@example.com.
Click the Register button to sign up; see location and date choices below:
TIME for all Defense Design Studios: 8:30AM (light breakfast), 9AM-4PM
SIGN UP FOR ONE OF THESE DATES AND LOCATIONS:
- Impact Academy of Arts & Technology on Friday, May 12, 2017
2560 Darwin Street, Hayward
- Envision Academy of Arts & Technology on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
1515 Webster Street, Oakland
- City Arts & Tech High School on Friday, May 19, 2017
325 La Grande Avenue, San Francisco